Need to create a compound path with glowforge premium artwork

I am trying to take a state (SC) image from the glowforge premium software and add a heart within that image. I want to engrave this on a wooden coaster. My problem is when I engrave it, it engraves the heart within the state. I want the heart to not be engraved, but still be within the engraved state on the coaster. How do I do that within the glowforge software since that is where I am getting the artwork? I know within another software I could create a compound path but is that an option within the glowforge software?

You can export the design and open it in your other artwork and then reload.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, not. The GF software isn’t that advanced.

1 Like

Thanks @ekla and @dklgood. @windee119 , they are correct and I’ll share your idea with the team for the future!

You could score SC and the heart, but I don’t have guidance for how to engrave the state and not the heart using Glowforge Premium. Or, if you’d like to upload a design, this tutorial shows you how to design for your Glowforge using a free program called Inkscape: https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033633394-Make-a-Gift-Tag-from-Scratch-using-Inkscape

I’m going to close this thread, but do post again if you have another question!