Needed a bit holder for my CNC

I am beyond thrilled w/ how this thing cuts acrylic! No longer will I have to CNC mill acrylic again, It’s always such a mess.

45 Likes

Looks so good, it would make a fine makeup holder also.

7 Likes

Very professional. Are those hex spacers or nuts ?
I like the contrast of the clear acrylic with the black finish on the cap screws, so locating a source for black spacers would be good. Any pointers ?
John :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They are standoff screws I got from Amazon. I also used 3mm lock nuts to secure it so it’ll be less likely to come apart.

https://www.amazon.com/HOBBYMATE-Standoffs-Quadcopter-Building-Motherboard/dp/B01I0SORIE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1531684835&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Salon-100pcs-Metric-Black-Hexagonal/dp/B0129BDGW6/ref=sr_1_8?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1531684914&sr=1-8

9 Likes

Black nylon ! That’s pretty cool, so many thanks.

1 Like

You could cut them from black acrylic! Or red, or blue, or… :slightly_smiling_face:

V. true, and a good idea for other ‘stands’, but I don’t think it would be quite so perfect a finish, and I’d have to cut quite a lot - the spacers for my router bits might have to be cut from 3/4" minimum.

Cut multiples and stack them, in alternating colors! :wink:

1 Like

Where did you get the depth setting rings for your bits?

I just made a bit holder on the CNC yesterday, but I like your model here. I might have to make one on the GF.

They’re made onto the bits. I bought them from Inventables.com

Very slick looking!

Nice…I just bought some…because I’ll probably use them…eventually…lmao

2 Likes

This is the story of my life.

Those nylon bolts and standoffs are great, but they tend to accumulate. It’s significantly cheaper to order the set of 180 pieces for $8 from Amazon than to get the 3 screws I actually need from anywhere else. But there are only a few of each in the set, so then I go back for more…

3 Likes

Only if you remember you got them and then remember where you stashed them. Otherwise you buy them again.

Not that I know anything about that :yum:

4 Likes