Nespresso Vertuo Drawer (Upright Orientation)

I wasn’t a fan of the Vertuo pod options on here where they lay flat as it takes up too much space and picking them up was not ergonomic or easy for me.
I was inspired by the way Starbucks Vertuo pods are stored upright in slots. So, I traced the slots onto a clear acrylic “sliding drawer” with pull tab and secured with an open-end box.
This is my first stab at it but would like to make some improvements (and I welcome your feedback) such as thicker acrylic so it doesn’t bend, and making it hold a set of ten instead of seven.
I would also like to make it either stackable or just raise the height so that i can add another drawer (or two).

34 Likes

I think it looks great! Both your suggestions might improve the usefulness and sturdiness of the project. Nicely done!

7 Likes

I like it. Can you slide the drawer in backwards so you can read the label of the pods?

5 Likes

I would need to reverse the direction of the tab. My boyfriend and I preferred this orientation but that would be an easy fix

4 Likes

Adding supporting material e.g. along the sides would keep it rigid.

4 Likes

That’s cool!

2 Likes

What a great idea! There might be a market out there for this—it looks unique.

2 Likes

There are similar drawers made of metal on amazon, we prefer this warmer option, so you may be right. Thanks!