Nest Cam Footage

Day 5:

4 Likes

Parts 5 and 6

6 Likes

They are growing so fast. It’s interesting to see the range of prey being brought to the nest. First offering of Part 6 looked like a small lizard–or was it a cricket with hind legs extended? Whatever, it went down the gullet.

4 Likes

Parts 8 and 9. Mr. Cardinal paid a visit in part 9–Watch for him in the top of the frame!

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s hard to tell! I’ve seen a lot of grubs and larvae, and a couple of jumping spiders. We have tiny frogs too, and I’ve wondered whether they eat those.

5 Likes

Part 10

3 Likes

Oops, I missed posting a couple of episodes, but you can find them in the same playlist as the ones above. THIS is the big one, though. This is the one where the babies fledge and are gone. Just like that. They’re so cute, though, those last few minutes before they head out into the big wide world!

I checked today and there’s an egg in the nest…so maybe there will be a sequel!

7 Likes

They’re like, “Mom, I’m hungry!” And she goes, “Nope, come out and get it yourself.” Then they’re like, “You go first.” “No, you go first.” “Well someone’s got to go first!” Love these videos!

We have robins who have nested in our greenhouse/spa room. There were 4 eggs in there yesterday. We also have some bluebirds in one of our bluebird boxes. And we have some red-headed woodpeckers who are building a nest in an old dead tree down in our woods. Love all of our birds. And we just registered as a National Wildlife Habitat with the National Wildlife Federation. We meet all of the criteria. We thought about it a few years ago, and have finally done so. We’ve got everything from bees and butterflies to 46 different birds, squirrels, rabbits, deer and box turtles. Plus all the water and vegetation that is needed. Have I told you all how much I love country living? :grinning:

6 Likes

Country living is the best!

3 Likes

I saw your post in the BB group! I had this baby up in my feeder today, old enough to fly but still begging someone else to feed him.

9 Likes

we have a baby bird in a nest in our front gutter. while working in the front yard prepping for daughter prime’s college grad party we saw her go back and forth about once every couple of minutes. and we could hear the chirps of the baby.

4 Likes

Cuuute!!!

I just filled mine with white millet to see if I can get something to come besides cardinals and brown-headed cowbirds. Fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.