Neuron Magnets

For the last several years, for her PhD and post-doc, Dr. Girlfriend spent a lot of time looking at neurons. A couple years back I made neuron magnets for her and her lab mates.
I don’t really remember making so many of them, but I sure must have because while packing up my house for a move, I keep finding more of them.

51 Likes

Cute little guys! And great for using up scraps.
Keep up cleaning your workshop.

5 Likes

Gotta take a break from cleaning the shop to work on cleaning the house! Dr.Girlfriend is 1200 miles away, so it’s just me and the dog taking care of both.

11 Likes

My best friend in college (actually “uni” in the UK) got his PhD for his work modeling neural networks. This is early 90’s, tech was not what it is now, but he’d show me his stuff and it was fascinating. We had access to VAX mainframes but his Amiga in his room performed better. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Around that time we got some of the “cube” style systems (NeXT) that Jobs was involved in, and that was a big leap forward.

He got relocated to Australia to continue his research by a global brand you would never had thought had any stake in that game.

8 Likes

Those are sharp little buggers!

6 Likes

Those are awesome!!!

5 Likes

Haha! Yeah, I have a chiropractor friend that I engraved his business logo for, those dendrites make for some interesting shapes!

4 Likes

Doin’ the neuron dance! That’s pretty darned funny.

4 Likes

These are so fun and impulsive! (Do ya see what I did there? :laughing:)

I once sent this to a friend and told them they were getting on my nerves lol.

I also have a few germs and viruses floating around the house somewhere. :l

9 Likes

I think I bought my daughter Ebola. She got to tour the CDC one year.

3 Likes

What a start for a scary movie! Just watch out for when they sneak up on you. The Neo-Neuros are attracted to you to eat your brains :scream: :scream: :rofl: :rofl: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

I have given Dr Girlfriend a LOT of the Giant Microbes plushies over the years, they are great!

3 Likes

So you’re sweet on a neuro surgeon huh? Careful man, you know women have a propensity to want to improve their man…
"You just couldn’t get any better!.. god knows I was hoping you would, I just don’t think it’s going to happen."

2 Likes

She’s an immunology scientist, not an MD. But she earned her Phd and we both love Venture Bros… so I call her Dr. Girlfriend. :wink:

7 Likes