New air filter, 1st cut, unit filled with smoke

Hi, my Pro and filter were both delivered yesterday. I read all the manuals before starting. I plugged in the filter and turned it on and heard 2 beeps. I didn’t hear a motor or anything. The very 1st newbie cut filled the unit with smoke that eventually started to flow from the lid. The setting for filter use is on. Everything is connected properly. I removed to lid and cartridge and there is no visible damage to the unit.

What do I need to do?

Try turning the knob on the front of the filter unit to the right…you should hear the fan noise increase. (It’s an adjustable speed fan.)

4 Likes

Thank you so much. It distressed me that I hit a wall right out the gate.

1 Like

Happy to help! (I did the same thing the first time.) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Just so you know. there is a fixed amount of suffering, confusion and torture when you first get going. (software not doing what you expect, materials that don’t cut for some nonsensical reason and so on) The upside is that once you surpass that quota, you will be a happy productive and creative Glowforger. :slight_smile:

it is worth it. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@Akhath I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you @Jules for your advice. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

2 Likes