New black lid cable installed, still stuck on centering

Installed the replacement black lid cable this morning. Plugged the machine back in, centered the print head directly under the camera, turned the machine on and it’s been stuck on centering for over 15 minutes. Camera on the lid still showing the last project I worked on from November 14th! The black cable obviously didn’t fix the issue! Support needs to step in and help ASAP please!! Pics are of the lid cable clips they’re in correctly!

image|375x500

1 Like

The fitment of this cable looks to be a bit crooked. The clearances between the cable tabs and the cable receiver should be equal on both sides when fitted properly. Remove this cable and inspect the receiver channel, making sure that there are no obstructions, then reinsert, clamp it down and test.

2 Likes

Nothing.

I replaced mine yesterday and still centering- So i’m in the same boat as you @azmartins5. Hopefully someone from the GF team can fix this issue. I’ve already emailed them

The black cable is very fragile and a sharp bend could break it, and I am pretty sure removing it without breaking it more is even harder, so it is possible to break the new one if not very careful putting it in . So it could still be the cable.

Twice mine did not work after installation but it was because two of the plugs were a bit crooked. When it actually worked on the third try I was surprised. Happy but I had thought I would need to get a third cable.

1 Like

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.