New fan behavior

Hmm good theory. Also possibly explains why it waits until the head is homed (and away from the cuts in theory) first.

Would you boys just get your heads down in there so you can see what’s going on? You can tell me all about it so I don’t have to.

Thank you, much appreciated! :rofl:

3 Likes

Wishing I’d bought this when I was considering one last winter…

https://www.amazon.com/General-Tools-80557-Telescoping-Inspection/dp/B00563TKB6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526501624&sr=8-3&keywords=lighted+mirror+inspection

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple. They are an absolute necessity for diagnosing issues with these things, so you should consider going ahead and springing for one anyway. Eventually you are going to need it.

2 Likes

Do you get referral fees from Amazon, @Jules and/or @evansd2? Now, in addition to buying more and more materials, it seems that each time I browse the Community, I end up having to buy new tools at Amazon… :wink:

2 Likes

New firmware just came out - v1.4.0-21.

Probably explains the difference.

10 Likes

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Round-Lighted-Inspection-Mirror-80556H/206266275

Better? :wink:

1 Like

Guess we’ll see. I wonder if they thought we wouldn’t notice? I was in the other room and immediately was like “that sound is WRONG!” and ran in to find out what was broken.

2 Likes

Mine is doing this too

Mine too. I closed the lid after removing a piece and turned back to see was was wrong. I figured there was a new update.

Oh yeah…it’s going vroom-vroom. Sweet! :smile:

Yeah, I noticed it earlier today as well, figured it was from an update and meant to ask about it.

OK, this morning I thought I had a fan issue as it made a higher pitch whine when I started a job. I actually stopped the job becasue I was leaving and was worried something was amiss. (Hubby is good for fire watch, but wouldn’t catch more subtle issues :stuck_out_tongue: ) When I came home to inspect things I realized the sound was coming from a new vibration at the hose connection. I just assumed my fan needed cleaning, but now I guess it’s related to the update.

Ok, glad it’s not just me who wigs a lil’ bit with any new sound. After it ran the same after 3 different burns, I figured it wasn’t a glitch. I’ve also noticed my camera view is different, and seems to be lined up almost bang on, even at the edges (the view after a run). This is where I LIKE the cloud. Things updating without me having to load new versions myself. Though a pop-up notice might be nice.

2 Likes

Last time I listen to you.

6 Likes

Mine too, but i was not sure, thought i was going crazy.

I’m hearing this now too. First time today after I did a restart on my machine. Did we ever get a firm answer on this? There was speculation that it was firmware.

1 Like

I haven’t been around here in a while, but noticed weird fan-ness and wanted to see if anyone else was having it too or if it was just me. I should have known you kids would be so over this. Because you guys are awesome.

2 Likes

It keeps freaking me out. Really weird fan noise!

3 Likes

Right?? I’m used to waiting for the fan to stop and immediately opening the lid to get my goodies and the new sound about unhinged me lol.