New feature?

Okay, I guess it is time to admit that this is just some April first shinanigans.
Thanks so much to @jbv for the photoshoping. It would not have been nearly as convincing if I’d done the art.

10 Likes

Or is it? :wink:

7 Likes

Now you have me wondering?

4 Likes

So is Internet…and Web (but not website). But nobody seems to know that any more. :frowning:

4 Likes

Well played sir, well played :clap:

I got my email with my real actual glowforge tracking number today. It says it will be delivered tomorrow. It’s totally apropos that after all the complaining and waiting I did GF sent me this today of all days.

Well played, @dan and Glowforge. Well played.

7 Likes

I thought there was some book called Gullible:s Travels

Perhaps I have it confused with Candide

1 Like

It was a movie and it’s Gulliver’s Travels. :wink:

Wow they had movies in 1726? One would have to be very swift to sell the movie rights that early. Candide was in 1759 but should have been called Gullible’s Travels, As both were fantasy travels that were commentary about logic and society that marked the Age of Enlightenment it is not so surprising that they might run together in one’s memory.

2 Likes

Naw it was filmed in 2010 and starred Jack Black as Gulliver. LOL.

Indeed there were movies in 1939 and 1977 as well but the full flavor is in the book from 1726

I first read it as a comic book from Comics illustrated.

2 Likes

Yeah I googled all that stuff too.

2 Likes

I Googled for verification and precise dates, And I have trouble with nouns generally remembering all the details but cannot get the word so while I remembered the first lines of the book I could not get the name Candide in the moment. I did remember both were in the 1700s but did not realize they were so far apart at 1726 and 1759. but from the start it was Candide I was calling out as Gullible’s travels.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.