New GF Pro does not cut or engrave

We have had consistent problems with the unit hanging on “Calibrating” but today it did that quickly and the laser moved off to the top of the bed. We used the supplied Medium Basewood material and put the sprocket design in to cut. We pressed button, the gantry moved into position, a half second of laser light flashed on our material, the software thought it was cutting, the GF vacuum was working, but no cutting and no gantry movement. Then the software thought it was finished and the machine cooled down, but the gantry did not move. The software return to Ready status.

We only have had problems. I think we need to return this unit and get it replaced ASAP. Please advise.

What’s the sprocket design? Is that a GF supplied design?

First thing I would try is make sure that the safety interlock on the back of the machine (above the power cord) is fully inserted and hasn’t shaken loose.

And then try a default file like the Gift of Good measure on the piece of extra draftboard that was supplied.

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.