NEW Glow forge Laser Head only "shakes" when booting for just 2nd time

Anyone know what I should expect as a response time from GF? been a few days now with this thread, email and, voicemail butI have yet to have anyone reach out to me

Actually, that one in the front left looks like it might be in there slightly crooked. You might want to look a little closer at it and maybe reseat it. Make sure the machine is off.

I removed and reseated just to be sure…sadly no change

Thank you @Jules and @deirdrebeth - lots of great ideas here for troubleshooting!

You’ve certainly been thorough here Ryan, thank you for the videos as well. I’d actually responded to an email you’d sent asking if we could grab some photos of the carriage and wheels before I’d come across this topic, but I wanted to jump in here seeing as how much effort has been put in.

It sounds like you’ve already checked the carriage wheels, but just to cover our bases would you mind snapping some photos as shown in the email I’d sent and sending them over just to make sure we’ve got that documented? You can share them here or via email, whichever is more preferable to you.

Also just to make sure we’ve covered our ground thoroughly, I’d like to see if we can double check there’s not an issue with belt tension, specifically the belt under the laser arm.

When pressing lightly on one side of the belt, the other side should not move.

Like this:

(You should see an animated image above)

Please let us know how that goes

1 Like

No issue with tension. When pressing the top if the belt lightly as shown the other belt (bottom) stay perfectly flat I’ll send video/pics in the AM along with photos of carriage.

Thanks

I think you might need to check the one underneath the gantry, that’s just a demo for what the tension should be like. You might need to remove the crumb tray and put a mirror under the gantry to see it.

Thank you for providing these recordings. It appears you’ve also emailed us directly, and we sent over some instructions to review the wheels on your Carriage Plate, and also requested some additional images. I’ll now close this thread, and continue to follow up directly via email, so that we can narrow down the snag.

1 Like