New Glowforge arrived with leaking coolant and I can't speak to anyone from Glowforge about it

l received my new glowfroge and unpacked it to discover the coolant had been leaking in the interior of the box and bag. After I got over the utter disappointment, I called glowforge (I did not realize there is no tech support as this was not mentioned anywhere) but was unable to get anyone on the phone nor was my calls returned… then I followed with several emails to support. I was told to wipe it down and start it up (I am paraphrasing) …I am worried about electrical issues given the amount of coolant all over the device and the fact there is a huge bubble in the laser glass tube I realize there is some but it looks like the laser tube is very low…I asked in multiple emails if I could please speak to someone and got no offers to speak to anyone. My biggest disappointment is I work for a University in San Diego, and I purchased this after watching the recent youtube video for educators…I am asking if anyone can guide me

Jonathan Mack PhD RN
University of San Diego

1 Like

Ok, you have spoken to :glowforge: . They’ve told you what to do. That’s not going to change.

You’ve made a warranty request. If it fails utterly they’re going to replace it. If it turns out it wasn’t an excessive amount of coolant then your machine will work perfectly and you’ll be on you way!

5 Likes

Also the website is very clear that there’s no phone support. Including at the “Contact Us” link:

Something else?

Just email hello@glowforge.com and we’ll get right back to you. Finally, if you’re curious what our voicemail message sounds like, you can find out at + 1 (855) 338-2122.

2 Likes

Turn it on and set it up! There’s a separate reservoir inside the machine’s case so the amount of coolant in the tube itself before you run it the first time doesn’t necessarily mean it’s too low :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As long as the air in the tube disappears in the first few seconds after powering it on you are good. However, i would anticipate reduced duty cycle by virtue of the reduced cooling capacity.

If you find an orange button with a message in the UI referencing a cool-down, I would be adamant regarding replacement or implicit instructions as to how to refill the coolant sump.

Don’t be alarmed by the lack of a voice of a warm body on the other end. We have all seen how the company takes their responsibility seriously. They will make it right.

6 Likes

thank you very much for the reply

3 Likes

Not sure about lately, what with this virus domineering the business world.
BUT, during PST business hours, there should be a Chat function available on the lower right of the Support window.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.