New Glowforge food

Might be worth looking into as new sort of mdf?
https://www.behance.net/gallery/82116183/Cheer-Project

12 Likes

Interesting. I wonder what the overall environmental impact of such a program will be.

But these states are facing menacing problems caused by an excess of dry pine needles on the forest floor, causing frequent forest fires

That’s exactly the point of forest litter. Fire occurs naturally and has a ton of benefits aiding the overall health of the ecosystem.

Central Texas Ashe juniper (or just cedar trees as they are called here) used to not be nearly as prevalent as it is now. It existed primarily in canyons. Fire would come along and burn it back to those points, and the oaks would survive the fires. Fires are mostly nipped in the bud before they get out of control, which has allowed the Ashe junipers to really push and spread.

And holy water consumption. A 15 foot Ashe juniper will consume about 35 gallons of water a day, which is about twice what an oak of the same size uses.

But, they are also host and habitat to endangered species like the golden cheek warbler and black capped virio… :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I suppose it would have helped keep Hell out of Paradise last year through…:innocent:

Man doesn’t win against nature, at least in the long run (the battle vs the war). I think that’s pretty much as true of a law as there is.

As for the Paradise fires, and others, they are devastating from a humanity standpoint. I don’t know enough about what they’ve done in the area though as far as prescribed burns, etc. - any real comment to that would be out of complete ignorance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.