New glowforge won’t connect

I just unboxed my new plus and I am trying to set up the wifi connection. I get a message saying I am connected but once I try and access I get a “no internet open” notice. I sent an email to support but having to wait 24 hrs. For a response is crazy!
My computer is connected and has internet. Help

Is your router 2.4ghz? Have you tried using your phone as a hot spot?

I am not tech savvy but I am not using the 5G so assume it is the other

The glowforge is very picky about wifi signal strength. Even though other equipment may connect to your router the GF may not. You might have to either get a wifi extender, move the router /GF closer to one another or replace the router with a more powerful one. To prove one way or another whether that is the issue just try to connect the GF through your phone.

Sorry I am checking the router now

It is

So after you get to the confetti screen you go to app.glowforge.com and it says offline - or your computer says no internet?

If it’s the latter, have you reconnected your computer to your actual WiFi and not the :glowforge:'s signal?

1 Like

What is the confetti screen?

I did reconnect to my computer but nothing happened. I’m sorry I am so ignorant about this. What should happen next or where do I go? I thought I was prepared but apparently NOT

I believe I am connected and I returned to my computer wifi but nothing happened.

You may have to go through the complete process again very carefully. You might be missing something simple.

1 Like

This video may help:

3 Likes

I think that did it!!! Thank you thank you. My computer wifi was not showing up to the right of the congratulations words

3 Likes

Hello @mmnicreations, thank you for reaching out to us. I did come across the email ticket you submitted, and sent a response to you there around 8:00am PST this morning. It looks like we just missed each other.

I’m glad you were able to get your Glowforge connected. That is great news! I’m going to close this thread and your email ticket now. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!