New Glowforge-- Won't Focus to start

Hello everyone. To start- I have emailed support and being the weekend, I’m not expecting them to reply until Monday. I figure let me check the forums which when I searched for this topic, it provided helpful threads. However I haven’t had luck.

I put together my glowforge and fired it up. The light went from the beautiful teal color to orange very quickly. I heard the clicks starting up and the printhead hasn’t moved. My Internet browser is connected to the machine and it is stuck on “Focusing”

Looking through the forum, I found support giving advice on cleaning the lenses with a Zeiss wipe. I did this. I also read about checking the connections of the wires. All good here. The machine is beautifully put together from a tech perspective.

Through my inspection, I noticed the Lense on the left of the printhead has a crack or fuzz on the inside. Could this be why it isn’t focusing? Is there a way to remove this to see if it’s just a fuzz on the inside?

Thanks for any insight prior to support getting back to me. Happy to join this community and it’s resources.
Picture attached.

1 Like

That’s not the focus problem (and is probably out of the actual use zone of that lens, which is pretty much dead center) Focusing takes place on the bottom of the head with a smaller targeting laser. How’s your WiFi connection? It seems like WiFi can affect ALL kinds of things without being the obvious culprit…

If you try and do a “set focus” do you see a red laser hit your material?

Also, as always, opening the topic here will get the attention of GlowForge support shortly…

1 Like

…except next time don’t also email them, since posting in this section ALSO opens a support ticket, and duplicate tickets slow their response time. :slight_smile:

Welcome, I hope they can get you up and running soon!

1 Like

Thanks for the support. I’m less than five feet from the router and currently getting 472mbps on SpeedTest.

I’m unable to set focus. No red laser.

@geek2nurse- Thanks for the heads up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

1 Like