New Glowforge

I received my Glowforge on 2/3/20 got it all set up on 2/5/20 since then I have been trying EVERYTHING to getting my Glowforge working. I have powered off and restarted everything. It keeps centering and it goes no farther. PLEASE HELP

Welcome. Sorry it has not been a good experience. Did you ever successfully print anything?

Were you able to get a fresh bed image from the lid camera?

In general when there are centering problems for a new machine, it often has to do with your wifi connection. While there have been some improvements, some conditions make it difficult for the Glowforge to connect reliably, even if all your other devices connect ok. In one instance, someone had issues as long as their Apple TV was connected.

Here is a link to some wifi troubleshooting tips, in case you haven’t tried these yet.

7 Likes

I see you’ve emailed about this already and we’re working on it there. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.