New home for the Glowforge

Well almost time to upgrade the GF home. One more coat of Waterlox on the bottom section and it will be ready to move into the house. The dimensions are 80” long by 34” wide. Next month I will be adding an external exhaust that will be mounted on the underside of the top work surface. The ducting will get dropped through the work surface and routed underneath to a “through the wall “ exhaust vent (at least that is the current plan). The bench rides on 8” casters, three of which are locking, bought at Harbor Freight.

As a joke, I was tempted to post this in “made on the GF”, as I did cut the plugs on the GF. But my sense of humor sometimes does not match those around me…. So to play it safe, I’ll post this here. Normally I would use a plug bit for this, but I thought that I would give it a shot with the laser, a couple of trials then I was dialed in.

36 Likes

What a nice upgrade to support your Glowforge. The plugs are excellent. :wink:

2 Likes

Very nice! I wish my :glowforge: were more mobile at times. I don’t have that much room to move it around, but when I do it is a hassle. Wheels are such a great thing to have on a table for it.

3 Likes

Looks fabulous!!

1 Like

Very nice table. I would love to have the room to have a movable table.

2 Likes

That came out great! I love the weathered timbers for the uprights. Nice job.

1 Like

That is really pretty as well as very functional. Good job on that!

2 Likes

Wow, that is one sturdy table!

2 Likes

You are going to love using your new table!!! Very nice!!

1 Like

Super nice.

1 Like

Your Glowforge is one lucky laser. That’s a beautiful table!

Even the best laid plans… I was intending to install this in the center, with a small work surface on either side of the GF… This was going to hide the venting under the table. It is hard to give up workspace once it is sitting in front of you though! So, the GF is on the end of the table, and the venting is wrap around for now. I am considering putting the GF on a 4 inch riser, then I will have space to drop back down under the table for venting and not block the pro slot. I installed the Infinity Cloudline for venting, one hint, the fan modulation and controller does not function on a backup power system.

Eventually, I will add material shelving in the space below the table.

3 Likes

I’ve changed my setup 4 different times already Your not alone

:slight_smile:
Jonathan

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.