New looking for a file

Hello all. We are Ronnie and Lisa and we are wateing on out new pro to be finshed. It’s in calibration and quality inspection right now. I work at a tobacco outlet and have alot of requests for cigarette cases. And just thought hey I could sell them there. Did a quick search for a file for them but didn’t find one. This is all new to me. First laser so any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

1 Like

I have a few patterns I can share, send me a message and I’ll get them to you whenever I get home.

3 Likes

You can make your own boxes with sites such as boxes.py or https://en.makercase.com

There are free files available in the Free Laser Files section of the forum and there are lots of laser file sellers on Etsy.

Forum rules do not allow asking other users for files: FAQ - Glowforge Owners Forum

4 Likes

Sorry thank you

1 Like

Thank you I would appreciate it

3 Likes

There is also the option of buying cigarette boxes on line and just engraving them.

4 Likes

I thought about that thank you

4 Likes

Hey! Welcome to the forum!

Not a problem, you didn’t know. :smiley:
Over time, reading and participating in the forum will let you discover why this place is the best accessory to your new laser! Have a question? You can find your answer here.

8 Likes

Thank you very nervous on getting it and learning it.

4 Likes

It’s surprisingly easy and intuitive - you’ll be flying in no time :grin:

4 Likes

Welcome! Hope you will share pics of your cases.

3 Likes

Welcome! We were all nervous to begin with, but this forum is great about sharing stuff! Searching is your best friend-just enter what material you’re checking on or anything else and ‘most’ stuff has been asked and answered. if you don’t understand, someone will help you!!

4 Likes

Since you’re new, this post might give you a head start:

Grab a snack and a drink and dig in!

2 Likes

Welcome Ronnie and Lisa to the GF family! You’ll be able to find so much information and encouragement from this wonderful group. And while you can do a “search” for almost any question you have, sometimes the wording can make it more difficult if not asked right, so never be afraid to ask questions here. (And as stated, you just can’t ask for files.) So get involved, post what you make so we can all enjoy your progress, and get to know your relatives here!!

2 Likes

While you are waiting now is the best time to learn one or more of the design programs for creating original designs. I use Inkscape for vector design, but it has few means of changing raster images like photos. Gimp is very good with raster images, but not so much with vectors. Together they work very well, and they are both without financial cost (but do cost time and effort to learn),

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.