New Machine-Air Assist Fan Error

Brand new machine that hasn’t made a cut due to the “air assist fan error”. We have followed the Glowforge recommendations to correct the error and we are still sitting with an expensive machine that does not work.

Posting here opens a ticket so support can check the logs for you. The fan or carriage plate may need to be replaced (they can send these without you having to return the machine.)

You might want to state what recommendations you have actually followed, so support doesn’t have to ask you when they check in.

1 Like

Have you checked the plug connection on the fan? It’s inconvenient to get to, but not difficult. I had a loose connection and got that message. Are you using any magnets on the crumb tray?

3 Likes

No magnets on crumb tray. I will check the plug connection. Thank you for your response.

1 Like

We have taken the printer head and cleaned the prongs and reassembled it multiple times as directed by the error message. We have also blown out the air assist fan which was also a next step recommendation.

2 Likes

Does it move easily ? Mine gummed up from using magnets before I learned better. The white cable, the gold squares, and the cable to them from the fan also the pins that touch those gold squares all need to be clean and in order (not bent etc) for there to be a clean connection.

1 Like

Hey @a3r24life, since we were able to resolve your Air Assist trouble over email, I’m going to close this topic.

2 Likes