New Machine not cutting PG Draftboard

I just set up my new GF Pro yesterday and the initial cuts have not been working on PG draftboard. I checked the positioning of the crumb board and that the material was flat and seated level. Lenses look clean and dust free. I’ve attached images of the front and back of the cuts.

1 Like

Hi @afholderman . I’m sorry that you ran into some trouble with your new Glowforge not cutting through Proofgrade Draftboard recently. I appreciate you sending photos of the front and back of the failed print to help with troubleshooting. As a next step, I’d like to collect some photos of the optical parts of your Glowforge to isolate any potential cause of the cut trouble. Can you take photos of the following for me?

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

I can review everything once received for next best troubleshooting steps to get you up and printing soon. I’ll look forward to your response!

Thanks for the quick reply. Attached are the requested photos

Support will get back to you, but it looks to me like there is something funny with your lens.

1 Like

Hello @afholderman,

Thank you for providing the photos of Printer’s optical components. All appear to be in great shape.

I’ve reviewed the result of the test prints you sent. I have good news, we have a new tool that remotely adjusts the factory tuning of your unit. This change may affect your Glowforge unit’s custom print settings. Because of this, I wanted to check in with you before I made this change.

Here’s how it would work:

• I’ll make a change to your configuration to test a new setting, and let you know when it’s been applied.
  • You’ll print a Gift of Good Measure to test, along with anything else you’d like to test
  • You’ll send me photos of the front and back of the prints.
  • We’ll determine our next steps from there.
  • We can try a couple of different settings to see if we can improve your Glowforge unit’s performance.

Please let me know when you are ready for me to apply the change and if you have any questions. Thank you.

Please apply the change as soon as you can. I have the GF powered on now.

@gabe.r were you able to make the changes?

Uploading another photo of cuts on cardboard to provide some more context. It seems like something is wrong with the left to right calibration of the machine. You can see here I stretched the puzzle wide and it begins to cut on the left hand side and fades off to the right. This is consistent with the Proofgrade Draftboard where the leftmost side cut through but the right did not.
PXL_20210521_181444668

Hi @afholderman - Thanks so much for sharing that photo with us. To expedite communication I’d like to move your issue over to email. I’ve sent an email following up with next steps here, and it should be on its way. I’m going to close this topic and we can finish up via that email thread. Thanks!