New material cut test method

Email support about this. Your machine may be defective.

2 Likes

I might have that same ply from home depot… was it pre-cut into a slightly smaller size than 12"x20"?

Because I have some ply from them that is meant for the laser (but I think it is too thick for my designs…)

So I think @Jules and @evansd2 might be right. Maybe you should contact support.

2 Likes

Thank you all! We sent a support help request yesterday, and are waiting to hear from them now. Hopefully they can help us figure out what we’re doing wrong.

1 Like

This looks like a great way to test cuts. You mentioned an SVG file and when I try to download/save its just opens a new page as “web archive” but won’t let me save as a usable file. Any suggestions?

Are you using Chrome? Right-click and save image and it will come down as an SVG file.

Awesome thank you! I was on safari, but will pull up in chrome.

Cheers!

I should zip it and attach it to the original post. Will do it later tonight.

Cheers! Thanks so much!

Based on @evansd2 design I made one that includes engraves …Depth Adjustments - #5 by rbtdanforth

2 Likes

I wonder if there is moisture in the wood. Perhaps you can put it on the kitchen oven at the lowest setting farthest from the heat source for 5 minutes and see if that makes a difference.

Good luck. Mark.

2 Likes

Would it work if you put it in your car w/the windows rolled up? I don’t use my oven except for storing cooking stuff I don’t use. :blush:

1 Like

seriously. best post I have run across as a newbie. It’s hard to start - when you “don’t know what you don’t know”!!! <3 THANK U!!!

3 Likes

Glad you liked it. Try this one too, it’ll open a whole lot of ideas:

So what is the “A” supposed to be set at? Or does it matter?

I think that’s where you put in which material you’re running the test on…

1 Like

Nah it’s just an engrave in case you wanted to try a setting out. I don’t really dig big engrave tests, I think there are too many variables to make them comprehensive. I just do one or two test engraves, I usually know about what setting to use by now.

2 Likes

Newbie here. I have this awesome file set on my material but it wont let me set the numbers to score. (or the A to engrave), The cut lines work ok but after selecting score and engrave it still says enter settings and are ignored when I cut.

Any idea what I am doing wrong

You do have to enter settings if it’s not proofgrade material.

Simply selecting score is the first step, then you assign power and speed.

Same with engrave, except you also set LPI and other options too.

You’re almost there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

THANKS! What settings did you use for Score and engrave?

When I pick score then pick manual to set speed and power it reflects the speed and power in the box on the left with the numbers. If I look at a project with proofgrade setting it actually says ‘score’ in that box?

This is what my file looks like? Not like the picture you posted above.