New price increase?

They may not let you have it in your unit, but perhaps in some common space if you allow use by other residents?

3 Likes

I thought of that, too…but, I’d have to see how that might work out. Chances are too, that the ‘woodworking’ shop would be in the basement with no way to ventilate. My daughter asked if they would allow me to have it in our apartment, and they said ‘most likely’…but, I’m betting they don’t even have a clue what a Glowforge even is. I am however, making my case in advance…all the info. about it, @dan84’s video of how the inline fan can reduce noise, my son-in-law’s ideas how he might adapt a window for a vent, etc. All unknowns, right now.

3 Likes

I may not be up-to-date with everything, but wouldn’t this just require a laser tube replacement, rather than a refurb swap?

My machine is starting to need some settings tweaks and I’m figuring on a ~$500 bill to do the laser tube in the not-too-distant future. I hope I’m not too far off the [snap]mark with that expectation.

They rescinded the $500 swap, no longer an option.

Edit - see below, the post claiming it was no longer an option no longer exists.

Well, that is a bit distressing. That was kind of the deal when I signed up, along with the promise of a user-replaceable tube kit.

So, is there a new price for tube replacement, or does it vary by location, or what?
I tried searching the forums and the last 6 months of Dan’s updates, but I didn’t see the change.

2 Likes

According to the Service manager at glowforge the $499 tube replacement deal is still in effect

Need to ask more questions? find me on Facebook

2 Likes

It was posted here that a refurb was the only option going forward, but that post no longer exists, so perhaps you’ll be able to.

1 Like

To my knowledge, no one has actually SAID that the $500 tube replacement is no longer being offered…but, the fact that it seems to no longer be on the website would hint that might be the case. This was all raised before and at that time, Dan checked and came back saying that it was still being offered. So, perhaps they’re just not advertising it anymore.

3 Likes

It was posted here. I distinctly remember because my tube is starting to fail and I was counting on it to keep my machine alive.

I even took a screen shot of where it was posted they would replace for $500 including shipping, to cover myself going forward.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.