New proofgrade processing?

I’m not sure what’s going on but I’ve already complained about my recently ordered Maple being inconsistent in regards to varnish…

So today I’m cutting name puzzles from proofgrade Walnut and Bam… Like zero varnish…

Image showing an older sheet (left) next two newer sheet (right). Ilevent the texture is different.

Edit: I just want to know whats going on with the material consistency?

I also noticed that the proofgrade plywoods now have a plywood core when before they had an draftboard core…

I would think that these are HUGE changes that should be communicated with everyone. Why are my sheets coming in with zero varnish? does it HAVE varnish and its of type matte? (i dont actually think this is true as I had a sheet of maple that was half matte and half gloss). And when did it change to plywood core… I am now running into issues where there are chunks missing from the core layer.

I would just like a post from whoever is in charge (aka Dan) regarding the changes to proofgrade; what they are trying out, why they are changing things, why was it not communicated, etc etc.

Thank you, Rant over

… More images for full effect… The gloss one is the version I knew and loved for over a year…

Now my entire recent order is filled with matte Walnut and half matte Maple.

5 Likes

Gotta pic of that?

Sure!

I just took this image, and I just broke an old ornament I made last Christmas… You can see that it has a fiber core, and the new one next to it, has a wood core

1 Like

I was afraid of that , as Glow Forge was most likely not even aware that there supplier is starting to screw them over. UGH Hopefully they cannot mess with the Acrylic, or can they , lol

Acrylic’s pretty much acrylic. Not much variety there.

3 Likes

I do not use a lot of Proofgrade but would find this … troubling. Thanks for the report.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.