New Settlers board

UPDATED PHOTOS

I know I’ve posted my boards before, yet again here is my latest update. And almost everybody here and their mother has made a board. But this is one I’m particularly proud of. Will probably be changing the wood type of the borders again in the future though, because the beech and red oak are too similar.

Anyway. Here it is. I’ve gone through so many renditions to get my files this way. This board has: red oak, padauk, monkeypod, beech, yellowheart, walnut, polar and acrylic player sets. And my custom cards that I make and sell. And a caddy. And dice. Everything fits nicely in the box.

50 Likes

WOW!!! Truly beyond incredible!!

5 Likes

Heck :blush: thank you! Feels like a million of these have been done but I just enjoy making them and continuing to improve the design and wood choice.

7 Likes

I never get sick of seeing these. Before our friends and we decided to move all over the states, we’d have some crazy fun nights playing. Had at least one friend who specifically applauded my purchase of the GF because of their marketing showing a board in it.

7 Likes

I miss my game group. Managed two game nights before we moved slightly unexpectedly. There are many beautiful renditions of the Settlers boards on Etsy. Such a gorgeous game anyway.

2 Likes

My wife and I found that there’s a digital version so we got that on our iPads to play (get to play with other people online or computers), had talked to our friends about it, but we’re all getting more and more kids and less time to coordinate stuff like that. Also doesn’t help that our timezones are waaaay off.

3 Likes

Do you think you could possibly share your process?

Ever since I was a young child in the early 70s, I invented a game. I used construction paper and crayons to construct it. The theme is dogs. In 1984, when I was 16 years old, my parents and I talked with patent lawyer about my game. I wanted all of my rights protected because a game like this had never existed. He wanted $25,000 and he said that was only the beginning. We did not move forward.

Game still does not exist and your post awakened an old dream. I can now make the game myself.

6 Likes

Which process? I basically just kept editing images and sizes and tested different woods until I was happy. Which I’m not happy now with the lack of contrast between border and sheep tile. So I’ll need to choose a different border wood haha. I’ve probably made and sold at least 5 different versions. All roughly the same but different enough.

A lot has to do with simplifying without making it TOO simple.

If your game involved playing cards at all, let me know! I can tell you my card producer.

4 Likes

My vision for the game is a board, playing pieces, and cards. Does the person who makes the cards —-also make boxes?

2 Likes

It’s one of those games I have never played, but the boards are so pretty! This one especially so.

4 Likes

Why not go for a wooden box instead? To answer your question, no they do not.

2 Likes

Awh thank you!!

OMG!!! That is a brilliant idea!!!

3 Likes

I love this game! I love how you did it to!

This is on my list of things to make (some day). I need to play this game more…

2 Likes

Please do it. I would buy it for my friends who have dogs. then I would visit at Thanksgiving and play with them (friends, and the dogs).

2 Likes

This is such a beautiful set! I know nothing about the game but I’ll bet it’s extra fun with a really good setup like this.

2 Likes

That is so professional looking. Beautiful work.

2 Likes

@bill.m.davis @cynd11 @davidgal2
:sob::sob: Thank you!

You all are being so awesome about this. I really needed these kind words so thank you, so much, everybody here.

@kelley1 I really hope @JimmyWayneWestie does make it. Because that’s one of the beauties of the GF machine. We can make dreams come true C:

3 Likes

Love the whole package!

I’ve never played the game, but have had it on my “to-do” list for a few years. Might have to check out the digital version.

2 Likes

This is incredible. I haven’t made a board or even know where to start. Thanks for sharing your talents.

1 Like