New Settlers board

That is incredible! Would you mind sharing the settings you used to engrave on the Beech wood?

You can send a private message about those, but they are not allowed to be discussed in this section of the forum. Custom settings are reserved for the “Beyond the Manual” section.

You versjon is fantastic ! Beautiful design!! I didn’t live up to designing it myself and bought the files… Do you have an Idea on how to do the paper cards? Having a laser cut version of the game makes paper copies of the cards lame- but cutting them out of 3mm plywood makes them hard to handle…

7 Likes

It’s beautiful. I never weary of seeing new game boards! The game pieces are sweet too.

3 Likes

Well done. I’m gonna have to try some of these games one day

Could you just engrave them on different colored papers? I engrave on 110lb cardstock all the time. It’s what I am going to do when I finally get around to making my own board. :grin:

I design and use a card printing company. Much nicer than using regular paper. People love my cards.

Do you have a link to the company?

1 Like

Have you seen Cards of Wood? :smiley:
They sell printable card stock thickness wood.

1 Like

Wow- that looks really professional!! Thanks for the link!!

I love the idea- I simply assumed veneer would be too fragile- but in such a small format it will probably turn out sturdy enough! I’ll have to give it a try

Outstanding. Every detail is perfect. Nicely done. The storage box is also really great!

2 Likes

Normal regular veneer, yes too fragile. The stuff Cards of Wood sells is multiple ply for strength and specifically designed to be used as stationary! I use their walnut for gift tags and labels all the time.

1 Like

It’s funny that this thread is revived because I’m literally making the next rendition right now xD

2 Likes

Updates :blue_heart::purple_heart:

10 Likes