New tube?

I noticed the shop doesn’t list tubes. My GF seems to finally stop producing power. Used to cut 0.13 cardboard at 360/full, now trying 200 /full didn’t even make it to the back :neutral_face: of the substrate. I thought they were going to offer replacement tubes?

That’s a staff question - they do have them, but it’s not something you can just buy. You’ve opened a ticket here so a staffer will be along shortly - though as you’ll be talking about individual account stuff they’ll likely continue the conversation via email.

In the meantime, you’ve done a full cleaning recently correct? Weakened cuts are most often dust related

I’m so sorry to hear that your print didn’t cut through. Unfortunately, we don’t currently offer replacement laser tubes. I’d like to investigate a bit further, though. Could you please post a photo of the front and back of the print? Please also let us know the date and time of the print (including time zone) in your reply.

Hey @PlGHEADED! How long have you had this particular machine? How much use? Hope it’s an easy fix.

2 Likes

He’s an early one if I recall.

3 Likes

He’s an early one if I recall.

He is. And, I remember the time when we realized that name was pLgheaded and not pigheaded…which is totally odd. I don’t know if that is still a lowercase L in there or not. Anyway, he’s been around a long time.

3 Likes

Yes. Was wondering if this is the original or not. My first one lasted 11 months.

1 Like

Still is. That’s how I knew he was an original :smiley:

1 Like

Ok… found some debris between the mirror and lens… :grimacing: The lens appeared pitted on the inside. i kept wiping and wiping and it appears to maybe have been particles burned onto the inside lens and right now the area appears clean (It seems like I can “feel” an irregular bump/spot on the inside lens but at least its not like a bunch of pepper particles). Will try to cut again (have some wedding signs to get out this weekend). Yep this is “prodforge1” machine - one of the first production ones reported (in this forum) delivered back several years ago !! Have a great weekend all !

7 Likes

On the bright side this is fixable with a new lens if you don’t get good cuts. No having to send back to the mothership for an out of warranty repair.

Even if it does work for you after that cleaning, I’d order another lens anyway to have on hand.

Oh and I’d probably soak it overnight in a dish of water (or alcohol) and then see if whatever you’re feeling can be wiped away. There’s a coating on the lens (probably Selenium - most lasers in this class use Selenium) so it could have burned a bit if the coating off. But it’s worth trying to see if it can come off in the event it’s a bit of burned on gook.

Hi @PIGHEADED,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know the results of the prints, and have a great weekend!

It’s been a little while since I’ve heard back from you. I hope that’s because everything worked out! If not, just let me know and we’ll get it solved.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.