New UI Bug

Support Team,

Wanted to report what appears to be a bug in the new UI. I created a new blank design to have a look at the changes (bravo btw).

When clicking the “Design Details” button I get the following error. Clicking ok sends me out to the Design Library.

I suspect it is related to not having any artwork as I don’t get this error after adding a simple circle.

Jordan

3 Likes

Nice catch.

The Design Details option shouldn’t even be there (or should be ghosted) unless it is a catalog design file.

1 Like

I am getting the same message, without clicking that option. I was getting with the focus feature, then I shut it down and entered the thickness manually and still having the same message.

I’m sorry you’ve run into trouble after the update to the Glowforge App. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ll pass this information along to our team. So that we can investigate this further, may we have your browser information also?

Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Click the link underneath “Share my system info with tech support”
  3. Copy the highlighted link
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into trouble also. We try to keep support requests to one topic per thread. Since you’re seeing the same message without clicking the same option, please either post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you for sharing your browser version. I’ve added this to our notes and our team will investigate further. We’ll reach back out with an update once we have more information.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. I just wanted to provide an update that we’re seeing this too, and the team is continuing to look into it. I’m going to close this thread for now.

If you run into any other trouble, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.