New Unit Problem

Hi - I got the new Pro on Thursday and set it up to cut which it has done nicely. Today after a cut I have the yellow light indicating too cold. This was after using it for about an hour. I have a small space heater in the shop and the temp inside the machine says 79 degrees on the thermometer. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you
Randy

Check the connection to the print head. If it is loose it will give you the yellow/orange button.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and there are no bent pins

79º is very close to the limit for the Pro, and your thermometer may not be reading the same as the machine itself. It might be too warm, not cold.

• Recommended Operating Temperature: 60F-75F (16C-24C) Basic and Plus; 60F-81F (16C-27C) Pro
1 Like

Unless they’ve changed something (and they do, and sometimes I don’t keep up) a blue light indicates too cold, and an orange light indicates too hot. Are you getting any messages on the screen saying there’s a temperature issue? You have a Pro, so it can handle 79ºF, but what if your thermometer isn’t perfect? Or what if the laser cutter’s thermometer isn’t perfect? I’d suggest you get the internal temperature of the unit down a degree or 2 and then restart it and see what happens.

Huh, really? I never knew about the blue for too cold; I thought they were both orange/yellow!

1 Like

The temp was in the low 60s in the shop and I warmed it up to mid 70s to get it warmer. It must be something wrong with a sensor etc as I hit the entire range and still the same light. Yellow light means something wrong with a sensor?

The temp that matters is the fluid in the cooling system, which will take longer to reach the ambient room temperature. I’m not sure how long it’s been, but it could be you just need to wait a little longer.

The yellow light is just a temperature warning. A faulty sensor could cause it to erroneously report the temperature being out of range, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that’s what’s wrong.

Yes must be a faulty sensor as it has been sitting now for 24 hours and same yellow light… Now to play the waiting game for customer service!

Figured it out. I looked at the cable connecting to the tank in the front left and black wire was just hanging out of the white clip. Touched it to the clip and yellow light went away. I was able to take it out and get it back together but will need to be replaced! Yea, back to cutting!

6 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic. I have responded to your email ticket about this issue,