New UPDATE : Camera is working very slowly

You wouldn’t know if that was the only change. There’s no indication or notification that there’s been any firmware change. Snapmarks isn’t a firmware change, anyway. And, for the record, I’ve had Snapmarks for months without any change in camera speed (which has always been just a few seconds), so it’s definitely nothing to do with Snapmarks.

1 Like

I have drafted this detailed engineering schematic illustrating the many components involved in displaying that picture on the screen.

I actually forgot to label the Glowforge firmware, which I guess demonstrates my opinion that I think it’s the least likely to be the problem.

Almost everybody has WiFi problems. Glowforge doesn’t make this easy to diagnose, unfortunately. Just because it works great with the well-tuned chipset in your high end Apple laptop doesn’t mean the little embedded module in the Glowforge is connecting as well.

Failing that, always blame the Cloud.

8 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!