New update is miserable

Am I the only one that hates the new update. I think it looks terrible and makes the files look awful until they are on the material.

1 Like

No New view with latest update is TERRIBLE! - #20 by rbtdanforth

1 Like

Personally I love it. It has been really helpful

4 Likes

And it’s slow as crap! stuck on scanning or centering forever…why is it so hard to get simple software right?

1 Like

You must not do any small detailed designs.

1 Like

That has nothing to do with the update - you should open your own post in P&S or send an email to support. There are basic steps to try that fix the majority of problems, but presuming you’ve done all those there are issues that may require repair.

2 Likes

You’ll find that folks who do detailed work do their designing in a graphics program, not the GFUI.

2 Likes

Mine was “slow as crap” a couple weeks ago–cleared my internet cache and fine again.
The update itself hasn’t affected my speeds, but internet cookies and trackers and such that accumulate from our various browsing/internet use will!

1 Like

Can you post a video showing how the small design is a wreck. ?

1 Like

Sure later tonight when I get home. But others have posted pictures on other groups/and im pretty sure these forumns as well. The more intricate the design the more it turns into a blurry mess you can barely see the lines and unless you are right on top zoomed into the design its just a big blob which in turn makes laying out terrible.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that the update is making it harder for you to layout your designs. We want this to work well for you, and I’ve shared your feedback with the product team. If you want to send us a specific design for us to use as an example in understanding the challenge you’re facing, please shoot a note to support@glowforge.com. If not, rest assured I’ve already shared your input.