New update is terrible!

I’m on a deadline, so of course, new update and everything is screwing up! stuck on scanning when I swap boards, stuck on centering when I restart it. I’ve had to restart the stupid thing 5 times now and it still does it EVERY TIME! Yes I’ve cleaned it…seems to be the go to answer on here. I’m sure glad I got a Glowforge… :expressionless: :expressionless:

Overcleaning will not help if rough treatment has damaged the “black ribbon of death”. If a wire has cracked it may work intermittently for a bit but increasingly not at all. It is very tricky to replace and you can easily damage the new one replacing it, so you will want support to see in their logs that it actually is the problem.

Some people never have to replace them, some folks have to replace many, it is all in the attention :slightly_smiling_face:

Updates have nothing to do with such issues as a bad one would be instantly noticed by thousands or even tens of thousands.

7 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

I’ve reviewed your machine logs since this post and can see you’ve been able to print consistently today.

Are you still experiencing trouble when extended calibration times?

1 Like

Hi there. It’s been a while since we’ve seen any activity, so I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to create a new thread if you’re continuing to run into any issues and we’ll be happy to help. Thank you!