New user - Strange alignment issues

I have lots of experience running a Full size laser cutter with rd works & lightburn. None with glowforge but using the one at school for a school project

I cut 17 of these ornaments(just the inside as they purchased these as precut blanks) —6 had major issues, largely at the edges of the machine. I recut the 6 using the center of the bed and 4 were fine, 2 were strangely messed up.

As I have no glowforge knowledge, I have no idea how these overlapping layers became misaligned to each other (but fine on others)and would appreciate any feed back on solutions so the school gets more reliable cuts.

This has 4 layers - the order was light engraving (all text but the name), dark engraving (the name), line engraving (pc and circle) and cutouts. The material was 2.5mm ply. Nothing moved AFAIK.

Thoughts?

I had this same issue a few months back and I was able to resolve it by running a calibration test.

Here is the link to the above mentioned lid camera calibration: https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033633714#CameraCalibration

Oh no, I’m so sorry you’ve hit a snag.

To investigate further, could you include the approximate date and time the “Year of Virtual Learning” print was performed?

Additionally, could you share the file in question with us? If you don’t feel comfortable sharing on the forum, you can email us at support@glowforge.com.

Hi @csshuman, its been a few days since we heard from you, so I wanted to check in. Are you still having trouble with your print results? If so, could you please send us information about when this print was run and send us the design file so we can take a look? Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.