New workshop!

Hey y’all!

I have finally gotten my new workspace into some semblance of usefulness. It’s in a climate controlled garage with a TV, refrigerator, computer, and wifi. I’m also going to add another workbench table at some point, but for now, it is my new happy place :slight_smile:

Now, I’m torn, I really need some coasters, but that gingerbread isn’t gonna make itself ha ha.

52 Likes

Excellent! And lots of room to spread out. :sunglasses:

12 Likes

So much room, I have a bad case of workshop envy.

15 Likes

Omigosh! If you’re seeing sort of a greenish cast of color around you, it’s all of us who are envious of that space. No wonder it’s your new happy place. Thanks for showing us…it’s wonderful!

13 Likes

Drool, drool … so much space!

11 Likes

Great space!! I love it.

5 Likes

That looks fantastic! As the others have said - a little envious of the space and lighting! I really like the cabinet that’s storing your materials too.

8 Likes

Oh gosh, my dream space! You can make some huge gingerbread palaces in that.

6 Likes

What a great space! And it looks like you have a beautiful view out the window as well! Now all you need is an IKEA table that expands out to 10’ set in the middle of the room so you can work around all sides! (I have one in my craft room and, although I only have it at the 8’ length right now, and find I still run out of room. :grinning: )

8 Likes

Ooh, I definitely need to look into that. All that room but not much “counter space” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There is nothing sweeter than space! Ok, maybe gingerbread!

I’m very happy for you!

6 Likes

So clean! For now…

6 Likes

:joy: :+1:

3 Likes

So much space. It’s awesome!

2 Likes

Ha ha! I can’t wait to get it dirty :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Looks like you need a tablesaw… :smiley:

3 Likes

Ironically, that was the first thing I said when I saw it. Can’t think of anything I would do with it at the moment, but maybe eventually!

3 Likes

You’d be surprised. Even if you only use it to cut down larger sheets for the GF. That’s the one tool in my shop I’ll never be without. Even if I get to the retirement home and I have just an extra room - it’ll have a contractor table saw in it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, speaking of workbenches, does anyone have one of these? Pretty cool because of how it folds up, but it seems kind of not tall enough, at least for what I would want:

2 Likes

My IKEA craft table. As you can see, I fill it up. What’s nice, is the 2’ extension sits underneath. It’s 79" as is. I used to have it pulled all the way out and in the middle of the room when I was doing some sewing for my daughter. I used to have my GF on it when I had it against the wall and under the window, but I bought a 52" wide Husky tool workspace and my GF now sits on it.

2 Likes