New workshop!

I do but I wouldn’t think of using it as the base for a GF. It’s rickety under load. Okay for occasional use supporting some planks or a door blank to be painted. But lateral movement will rack it and make it shiver. A GF working away on top would be like an earthquake movie.

4 Likes

Oh not to put the glowforge on, to put my table saw I don’t have yet on. Or just to have something to sand and finish things that has more space. Which is why I think it’s too short. But way cool

1 Like

Amazing space!

My garage is… well. Busy.

6 Likes

I have used it for that kind of thing. I have a hollow core door blank that I lay on top of the centipede. It’s fine for using as an assembly table or sanding something. You might be able to use it for temporary support for a contractor saw (like the DeWalt 745 for instance), but make sure you put the saw in the middle of your temporary “table”. A door blank like I use is pretty good because it’s flat, lightweight and pretty rigid. The door will overhang the underlying centipede structure but that’s not a problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.