Nick Longanecker is a goat

Just wanted to leave this hear. My jaw drops every time I see work from Nick. Keep it up <3

3 Likes

Can you elaborate?

Troll… just move along…

Not a troll. Nick is a popular designer in Glowforge-oriented social media groups. He also has several designs in the Glowforge Catalog and has made video content for the company.

https://www.instagram.com/isimplymake

4 Likes

Nick is great but but you’ll find the real GOAT on Todd’s channel.

See, aren’t vague references infuriating?!

4 Likes

Sorry, i was laughing so hard. I remember it meant something good, but my mental image of a goat pumping out complicated designs with a braid in the billy goat beard wearing little glasses at the tip of its nose had me rolling. When i calmed down a bit, i googled it. I really shouldn’t be here before coffee.

7 Likes

So I asked midjourney to make “a goat using a laser cutting machine”… and man, that goat has skills:

I mean he seems kind of stuck on backlit panels, but if that’s what sells on Goetsy, then so be it.

12 Likes

I always read these like this:

“… is a goat” = Bad. Calling someone an annoying farm animal or referring to a “scape-goat”

“… is the GOAT” = Great. Meaning the Greatest Of All Time (G.O.A.T).

8 Likes

OK… now it makes sense!
I knew nothing about this Nick guy. Now I do!
Thanks!

2 Likes

I think it’s triple funny for me because yesterday i was attempting to draw a goat. No backlit stuff though…if that’s what sells, i should consider it…maybe when my goat stops looking like a blob with a beard…:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I’d never heard this at all until now…but, I do know who Nick is.

8 Likes

While this is a really random post with no context, Nick is an awesome designer. I love the work he’s done with the new paper/plastic patternply material from Smokey Hills. I think I’ve got some of that stuff in my stash somewhere (unprinted), but I can’t for the life of me remember what it’s called.

7 Likes

“PatternPly Flex”

4 Likes

Thanks. I actually meant that I couldn’t remember what the base material is called. :slight_smile: I am pretty sure I have some of it from long before lasering became a home hobby.

1 Like

Really helpful guy* <3 love his work <3