Night working problems

Hi everyone, do you have problem working on GF at night time? Because I do, it’s not responding, even if I want to load cutting or engraving. Too slow! Is it normal?
The thing is that night time its only time I can do something because during the day taking care of my kids… thanks

What changes at night? Do you have a baby monitor you turn on, or is your SO streaming Netflix after the kids are in bed? Sounds to me like something is interfering with your wifi connection, maybe.

3 Likes

I do have baby monitor on, but the problems not every night, just sometimes. I’m just wondering if everything ok with my GF.

Wifi can be inconsistent; that’s where I’d look for the problem. It definitely has to be something environmental. I can’t think of any hardware issues that would happen only at night.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply!!

1 Like

It might be your neighbors wifi interfering, perhaps they are watching netflix every night, for example. If you know how, you might want to see if your router has the ability to scan for channel activity at the time when this is happening. Switching channels can make a difference.

1 Like

If it’s fairly early evening, my ISP reports that they are having some massive slowdowns due to increased usage around that time.

There’s some helpful insight in this thread - thanks, folks! I wanted to echo what @eflyguy uy mentioned, that changing the Wi-Fi channel may help. This is a great troubleshooting step to take if you notice Wi-Fi slowdown at particular times of day, since it’s a strong possibility that other network traffic is crowding the channel you’re on. Try a channel that doesn’t have overlap with others, such a 1, 6, or 11. Please note that this can be a trial and error process, but if you find that channel 1 doesn’t yield much better results one evening, try using channel 6 next, and so on.

Let me know how it goes!

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.