No artwork error - negative coordinates

I too have had this “no artwork” message even though it showed an image in the left panel pane, and it was very frustrating because there wasn’t any information about what was wrong. What I finally realized is that my InkScape drawing was positioned with a large negative origin point when I created a SVG file; this made the whole drawing with negative coordinates. When I changed the drawing to have a positive origin point, everything worked fine in QF. Yes, my drawing was way off the absolute positioning for placement for cutting. It would be nice to have some kind of information about where the drawing (aka negative coordinates) instead of the simple no artwork message.

Simply create your artwork on an artboard of size 20" x 12" and make sure your art is on this artboard, and it will always be visible in the GFUI.

6 Likes

Before saving anything you create in inkscape try to zero its center on the inkscape pallet. Then when you upload it it should show up over the bed of the glowforge.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @jules, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble please start a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this, and for taking the time to share your feedback. I’ll pass it on to the team.