No Artwork in area- clearly shown that there is? SVGs and PNGs

Seems like I’ve heard that you should uncheck “responsive” in that save dialog.

3 Likes

Ahhhh…Uncheck Responsive. Set up your SVG settings like this one:

AI settings new to save as SVG drea

(just beat me @cynd11) :wink:

2 Likes

Decimal Places defaults to 1, at least it did on my fresh install, so check that too.

1 Like

If you are designing in inches or cm, use Decimal Places: 3.
If you are designing in px, use Decimal Places: 1.

4 Likes

now it is worse, can’t even see the floral pngs. I have dumped my cache, tried a different browser, saved the file again, uploaded again… selected “all” to make sure there are no guides, cleared guides and made the artboard the same size as the artwork before saving, I am at a total loss.

Certainly not the cause of your symptoms, but just an FYI: if you change CSS Properties to Presentation Attributes, then SVGs you upload to the forum here won’t lose all their style information. (they will still lose any embedded images, unfortunately)

Crazy question, but these are crazy times: do you have an ad blocker in Chrome? Or, for that matter, any sort of content-altering plugins? If so, it might be worth trying it with all of them disabled.

I noticed some weird problems on my own machine when I was blocking some of the tracking and analytics they embed in the site.

2 Likes

I had the same problem, shapes that I cut the day before with no problem, showed up black and I got the “no artwork” message.

Also the founders ruler from the store showed up black with the same message.

I turned off the Glowforge, deleted all the cookies in my browser, and restarted everything… and now the files load normal again.

I can’t replicate the problem, but it didn’t have anything to do with the files, since I cut them before and I got the same error with the store items…

1 Like

I’m so sorry you’re still having trouble with your design.

I see you already posted about this and I’m working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.