NO camera image

I am a brand new owner of a glow forge.:smiley: I am working on my second print. I have draw the image placed the paper but no image appears?:thinking:

Under the gear icon on the toolbar you can access the refresh bed image function. Check and see if that helps.

Thank you for your quick suggestion. When I select the drop down menu the refresh is light gray. Its not an option.

Is your Glowforge connected ok and showing online? Top right by user name with name of machine. Trace is interesting in that there is no obvious clue that it is online or not.

my printer is offline.
I think it is a good time to tell you that we are dealing educator networking. So IT gave the glowforge its own wifi access point but They are holding on to the details of that point because it has accesss outside the firewall…

1 Like

Educational and business networks are a complication to this internet appliance for sure. I hope you can get it resolved. I’ll keep an eye on this post if I can help.

2 Likes

Your :glowforge: won’t be able to do anything until it’s online

Do you know where the wifi access point is physically? Sometimes moving it further away or just to a different angle gives a better signal.

2 Likes

thanks! I will try that :+1:

Unbelievable!!! moving it closer to the hot spot helped. :star_struck:
We are online and allparts are working.
TY

4 Likes

I’m sorry about the trouble getting your Glowforge set up. It’s fantastic to see that the advice you received from @marmak3261 & @deirdrebeth helped you to get your unit connected! Thanks folks!

I extracted your machine logs and it looks like, after initially connecting, you may have run into another snag with your network. Would you please let me know if you’re still having any trouble?

1 Like

Ivan,

I am still struggling to maintain connection. It goes offline. Moving it closer and farther from the WiFi tile seems to help reconnect. I also Have not been able to Trace an image from the bed.

Thank you for checking on me.

Codee

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into intermittent trouble with your Wi-Fi connection. The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.

1. Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
  2. Turn off your Glowforge
  3. Unplug your modem
  4. Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
  5. Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on

If that doesn’t work, or if you’re unable to reset your Wi-Fi access point due to IT policies, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:

1. Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
    Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
  • Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
  • Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
  • Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
  • Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
  1. Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
    If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions and if following these steps improves your unit’s connection.

I hope the advice that @ivan1 gave was helpful. It’s been a while since I’ve seen any replies here, so I’m going to close this thread. However, if you’re still running into trouble with this please let us know. You can email us at support@glowforge.com, or start a new thread. Either way, we’ll be glad to keep digging into it. Thank you!