No carriage or head movement

Unboxing, setup, WiFi connection all went smoothly. I didn’t notice the carriage and head were not moving on their own as I didn’t know what to expect.

Once in the app, I noticed the “Lid Open” message in the upper right next to the “PRINT” button. No matter the position of the lid, it always says “Lid Open”. I’ve gone through several on/off cycles and reset the WiFi twice, all to no avail.

What to try now?

The front part of the machine is a door that drops down, and you have to make sure that is pushed all the way back so that the magnetic latches engage.

If that’s a Pro model, sometimes the shields can keep it from closing securely enough - you can try removing the shields and see if the warning goes away.

2 Likes

Something to look at before staff gets here. Is the lid glass really flush with the other glass?
Is the bottom front door all the way in?
The interlock is magnetic so if everything is seated right I’m afraid the interlock cable is unplugged.

3 Likes

Open the lid and at the back right corner is a ribbon cable. Make sure it’s inserted squarely into the white connector card.

2 Likes

Although the lower door is difficult to close, I’ve made sure it’s flush with the magnets. The lid is skewed somewhat to the left and so hits on the left when it’s closed but both sides are flat against the stops. If I knew where the interlock sensor was, I’d check it but I’m loath to do anything but look with a flashlight.

I’ve checked the ribbon cables where they plug in both where you show and into the LED strips lining each side of the lid – all look square and plugged. I have now noticed the LEDs do NOT come on when the unit is powered. (I didn’t know they were supposed to until I’d watched a few youtube videos.)

Ah. Sounds like a cable is unplugged or broken. The LEDs go on when the GF is powered and have 2 brightness levels depending if the lid is open or closed. Since they’re never on, they must not be receiving power. If the cables are plugged in snuggly and square to the connector then it doesn’t look good for a fix from the cloud or something you can do at home. Time for Support to weigh in.

@scott.wiederhold might have another suggestion based on his forensic study of his GF.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I would be interested in hearing where some of the easy-inspection-access connections are.

Thanks for letting us know about this. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.