No error shown for stopping mid print

Yesterday, I started engraving on an 8" laser tile. The timer said 1 hour +. It got about an inch completed, then just simply stopped. No yellow button, no error notice. The head returned to upper left and that was it. First I thought of an internet connection issue, but then realized that the internet part of the process had already taken place.

Will you please look at the logs from my machine for yesterday afternoon 03/26…approx. 6pm. Sorry, I really can’t remember exactly what time it happened.

2 Likes

Hello @Xabbess, thank you for reaching out to us. I’m so sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your Glowforge. I’m happy to help look into this with you.

To help troubleshoot the issue with you, could you please confirm the serial number of your unit for me?

The serial number can be found on the back of the Glowforge, printed on a sticker near the AC adapter on the right-hand side. It will look something like ABC-123-4.

Once I have this information, I’ll review the logs for your unit and follow up with the next steps. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Morgan…no worries…just one of those things. Took a photo, so it’s a bit skewed. My Glowforge is in too awkward of a place to be able to pull it out.

Thanks for your quick response and your help

Hey @Xabbess, thank you for confirming the serial number of your Glowforge. I reviewed the logs from your unit and they are showing that the print did only run for 5 minutes and was then cancelled. There are no errors in the logs during that time.

I’d like to have you perform a print test so that we can see if we can recreate the issue. Could you please do the following:

1. Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
  2. Place Proofgrade material in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.
  3. Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
  4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.
  5. Check the completed print:
    • If the Gift of Good Measure fails to completely print, please let us know the date and time of the print
  • If the Gift of Good Measure prints successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.

Please let us know how it goes. Thank you!

1 Like

OK…will do. Thank you

Guess it was just an odd fluke. Wish it had happened on something less expensive than a laser tile! I printed the GoGM and it turned out perfectly beautifully! I am printing a new tile now and it seems to be going just fine. It’s been going for about 15 min. now with no issues.

Thank you, Morgan for checking everything out.

Hi @Xabbess! @MorganW is currently out of the office, but I wanted to follow up with you and let you know we received your response. I’m happy to hear that the Gift of Good Measure printed with no trouble, and were able to start printing a new tile. I’ll go ahead and close this thread since the issue appears to be resolved. However, feel free to create a new thread, or write us at support@glowforge.com, if you run into any further trouble. We’ll be happy to help. Thank you!

1 Like