"no material msg"

im trying to engrave a black flask but my machine keeps saying that there is no material loaded! pls help!?

Can you post a screenshot of what you’re seeing - the whole thing from the type of material you have selected on the left all the way to the name of your machine on the right?

1 Like

Also, try using white masking tape on the flask. The camera has trouble picking up the laser reading on black or dark materials. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also a photo of how you have things set up in the printer would he helpful.

When I get this message, it usually means either I have not chosen a material in the drop down or I haven’t used the set focus.
I have had it to pop up when I have set my focus height, then try to use the set focus with non-pg material.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Could I please have you try running the print by using the Set Focus tool instead of entering the material height manually? If you still receive an error, please share a screenshot of your workspace so we can better understand the circumstances around the trouble. Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible.

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.