No more upgrades. Price increases coming

I have led multi fuctional teams replacing in house developed MRP/ERP software with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) and it is definitely a long process to do it right. You have to define every field in the current database and map to the new database. Compare every process to the new process, run multiple iterations of testing to validate your conversion logic and process plans. Then when you finally have functional user buy-in, you can deploy.

If you want to be successful, its a very detailed process that can’t be short cut. I was the functional owner/manager for 118 business systems in a local large aerospace company in Seattle. Loved the work and had a super great team.

2 Likes

So as per usual, always waiting till the end of things, upgraded from a basic to a pro. Heres to all the whoohoos and hoorays!! Couldn’t miss out on those pro features!!

11 Likes

Actually, no. I have a Pro coming without filter because I didn’t want to have to buy filters all the time.

I tried to upgrade to pro on Dec 1st and am having issues. I wrote to support, no response yet. When I logged on today, I no longer see an estimated shipping date for the basic… should I be worried? The price hike totally made me want to jump to to pro, guess I needed a little push.

I did the same thing but realized I used a unactivated credit and now my shipping day has vanished as well. Emailed them 3 days ago and haven’t heard back from them yet either. Worried I screwed up my shipping…all the saddness

Me too. I meant in the price list on the site.

1 Like

Have you heard back from them yet …sent my first email almost a week ago?

Yes, I sent a follow up reply email yesterday. I had received an auto generated reply that they would get back in 3 business days, so I replied to that just to check back. The person who replied reset something and said I should now be able to upgrade. Have not tried to yet, but no longer get that error message up across the top.

Thanks…still haven’t got a reply. Guess I’ll just keep trying.

I’m having some worry about my upgrade. Sent 4 messages to support starting 8 days ago. I used the wrong card to process my upgrade and now my shipping date has disappeared from my account page and I have no orders in my history . Im hopeing to hear from someone today. I would like to hash this out before I miss the deadline for upgrades…any suggestions. Thanks for looking into this

I don’t think this price change announcement should come as a surprise to anyone. I was counting on the Pro going to $8,000 back in 2015. In fact, it was part of my decision to purchase two of them.

Of course at the time I didn’t expect to wait 25 months to receive them but I think Dan and crew did a pretty decent job keeping everyone in the loop. At least enough that I didn’t cancel my order… so you have to chalk that up as a “win” for Glowforge. :wink:

They arrived a couple days ago and I can’t wait to set them up this weekend.

-Novak

7 Likes

Congrats! (And you made a great decision!) :wink:

1 Like

Any luck?

No still waiting…sent another email. Hopefully hear from them before they stop the upgrade. I know they are busy but thought id at least hear back by now.

If you’ve told us unequivocally that you want an upgrade (vs. asking questions about it, or saying you might want to), and we’re not able to complete that for you by the cutover date, we’ll make sure it happens after.

4 Likes

Yes I would unequivocally will want one. I just wanted to make sure. Ill wait until I hear from support then. Thanks for getting back dan.

4 Likes

I’d like one too. However, I’m running into difficulties with payment. Your current payment schedule lists you as getting paid* on March 12th, 2018 (this date can change without any notice and for any reasons I’m not prepared to give you).

• “Paid” means you’ll get an email asking if you still want the money. The actual payment will then be issued antime up to six weeks after.

Since the price is increasing, and I still don’t have my first one (Feb 7th as of today’s date), I did what any crazy person would do in my situation… I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE.

The great thing is that I can cancel at any time, so when I get my first one, I can make the decision to cancel the 2nd if I am not impressed. However, I have a feeling that I will be happy that I bit the bullet and bought a 2nd once my first Glowforge is up and running.

One question… since I ordered a second one, it is not appearing in my account with a shipping/account status. I still only see the first one. Do I have to make another account even though my first order is under the same name/email?

Thank you to all of the beta testers and owners out there who post continuously. Without your input, I could not have been more confident in my decision of getting a second one before even seeing the first. @dan Thank you to Glowforge for giving me the option to cancel at any time up until the shipping date!

7 Likes

You bet. I don’t know the answer - can you post in problems & support?