No new SVG files will load anymore

I’m sorry for the trouble, and I appreciate you providing so many additional details.

I extracted logs from recent upload attempts, and it looks like the common factor in all the failed uploads I looked at was the presence of CDATA or Adobe PGF information in the files that were having trouble.

This file information is related to preserving Illustrator editing capabilities on an SVG file. Unfortunately, it looks like our software may be having trouble processing the information in this format. I’ve passed this along to the team so they can look into it.

The same information is saved differently in a PDF file type, which may be why those files are loading fine. If you need to preserve Illustrator editing capabilities, please use PDF files. If you don’t need to do so, please uncheck that option when saving as an SVG.

Could you please try this out for me, and let me know if you’re able to upload SVG files?

4 Likes

AFAIC, these are the “save as/save a copy” settings everyone should be using for SVG, if designing in inches. You don’t need as many decimal places if you are designing in centimeters.

using these settings should allow you to: upload to the GFUI; post an SVG here on the forum without any editing; open the file on another computer without worrying about which fonts are installed; edit the file with any vector editing program; maintain precise sizing instead of rounding off to the nearest 10th of an inch.

5 Likes

I think the issue was identified…

1 Like

Of course, this is all greek to me, but I know after my last AI update these settings were changed for me. I only noticed because the ‘decimal places’ settings was different. Thanks for posting them for me so I can save them again.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.