No paint spill

model builder with shaky hands, tired of spilt paint easy solution. It can also be used to hold paint jar while opening. made life easier for old shaky hands.

simple 3.8in circle 1in square center hole

53 Likes

Nice #practical-cuts !

11 Likes

This is great. Do you keep the opened paint jar in the base while you use it too?

10 Likes

Love this! Sometimes the most simple things are just the best.

9 Likes

yes my hand shakes so much i knocked paint over while using

10 Likes

I think this is a great solution. Do you think using a hex shape would give you a better grip on it, or is the circle ideal for your needs?

I find that epoxying a piece of wood on the top of stubborn cans (polyurethane, I am looking at you) makes opening them a lot easier. I wonder if adding a little extra “hat" to your model paint lids would be helpful for you too?

I had a scrap of wood laying around from another project and just glued it onto the top. Really any chunk of wood works for my case.

22 Likes

This is rather ingenious. I’ll have to keep it in mind for the (hopefully never) future. Very smart. I know I have trouble unscrewing lids because my left thumb has arthritis.

12 Likes

Wonderful practical cut.

7 Likes

Great solution. And I like the fact that it holds your bottle for you so you don’t have to worry about grabbing a small bottle all the time. Even without shaky hands, I see the use for this.

10 Likes

Well isn’t that just dandy! Great idea@

9 Likes

What a great idea–I bookmarked it with the caption, “square hole in a round peg.”

6 Likes

Great thinking!

4 Likes

You could make this out of extra cardboard too, with maybe just one layer of scrap plywood or draftboard to help hold secure when twisting a cap off. Not as pretty, but easy and cheap to replace assuming the Amazon truck visits your house as often as it does mine :confounded:

6 Likes

Very attractive solve!

2 Likes

Ingenious solution! Also a great solution when needing to remove a lid when the other hand is unable to assist!

3 Likes