No Power, No Clue, Big Problem

My laser won’t turn on at all. Checked various outlets, power cables, checked the pin in the back (above the power switch) (Its a Pro). None of those things are the problem. I even made a video checking these things. Is there anything else I can check? I really don’t want to have to send this machine back to GF HQ since this is the height of the season for my business.

Here is a link to the video:

1 Like

Pin in the back looks good. But you might want to pull it out and re-seat it just to be sure it’s making a good connection.

3 Likes

Here is the weird thing, this all started (or didn’t start, which was the problem) yesterday. Now, this morning it is powering up like normal. What could cause that?I didn’t tinker with it at all after making this video.

2 Likes

Totally wild speculation here…
Some sort of protection in your AC setup? Maybe running 2 units on the same circuit at the same time the draw was too much and the protection kicked in and prevented the 2nd unit from powering on?

Alternatively, could be something faulty with that unit.

And, least-likely…
gremlins.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be an issue with running the two on one circuit. I have been running the two at the same time on the same circuit for months with no issues. I even run a large air purifier at the same time. Plenty of power available. The gremlin theory is looking more plausible.

1 Like

I couldn’t watch the video (inner ear issues, all that swinging back and forth was too vertiginous!), and this has nothing to do with power, but – FYI milk crates aren’t going to give you the flat stable surface you need for getting reliable cuts. It’s pretty likely the machine’s frame is getting twisted slightly, which is going to affect everything from door opening/closing to print alignment and cut-through. (Just a little wisdom from a voice of experience!)

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with your Glowforge not powering on. Thank you for taking the time to send us that detailed video. I reviewed the email you sent about this as well. I extracted the logs from the printer that was having the trouble and didn’t see any thing of concern on our end. That is great news that it powered on for you.

I’m going to close this thread. If the trouble reappears, please reach out at support@glowforge.com or start a new thread.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.