No waste when you have a laser

Yeah… :scream_cat:

One family`s “odd” is another’s “PERFECT”! Ha! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well then my family is definitely perfect in someone’s eyes… Not quite sure who’s.

1 Like

No, it is actually listed in the Unicode specification (since Unicode 6.0, back in 2010) as

Most older emoji fonts were just a plain pile of poo, e.g. this one from Windows 8.1:

Android 4.4 added flies in 2013:

The oldest usage I’ve seen with a smiley face was Apple’s version in iOS 2.2 (actually called iPhone OS 2.2, in those pre-iPad days) way back in 2008, several years before emoji were first added to Unicode:

Apple’s early emoji were a big influence on the first Unicode specification for emoji. As a result the official black and white sample image in the spec very closely resembles this one.

Android didn’t get the smiley face until 2015, in Android 6.0.1:

You can examine other vendors’ versions of this character, past and present, at Emojipedia.

4 Likes

While thats all true, I don’t see why you felt the need to specifically reply to me, since I was just agreeing with @jamesdhatch that it looks like chocolate ice cream… I guess I just feel your post comes off a bit strong and judgemental and “must correct you throughly”

Maybe I’m just having a rough day, sorry. Thanks for providing so much history of the emoji :slight_smile: from something I read just now (some random article about the history), it apparently came from Japanese culture?

1 Like

XB2Rmnt

13 Likes

But it’s just not the same without the friendly face!

That’s why every major vendor has now added the face. (Except HTC. Boo. Although maybe they’re using Google’s font now. I’m not sure.)

I didnt even know there was such a thing til I saw it on Netflix a few days ago. Decided to give it a go and oddly kinda enjoyed some of it. LOL. Dumbest premise ever though.

1 Like

Soft serve.
In 60+ years I never saw a dog s#*t in a spiral pile like that, but the vendors are practiced at keeping ice cream on the cone, - Proof.
“For another dime, I’ll take the chocolate dip too.”

2 Likes

So a few months ago Saudi Arabia decided to re-open the movie theaters after having banning public displays of movies for the past 35 years. Guess what movie they chose to be the very first movie to be shown?

I guess they wanted to convince people that they hadn’t been missing out and that maybe they should close the theaters again. :smile:

4 Likes

My sister just got a puppy and it expresses it’s bowls like that every time. You know, without the smiley face. Maybe it’s a puppy thing.

I guess it’s an adorable poop emoji in that case

2 Likes

I love it with chocolate dip. It helps keep it from melting all over me and making a terrible mess (vs. just something of a mess - 95 degrees and it still melts :slight_smile:). I’m a big soft-serve fan in the summer.

3 Likes

Please tell me you didn’t spray 'em with this…
https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Gag-Prank-Smelly-Stinky/dp/B000GKXYZ2
:open_mouth:

1 Like

:thinking:

Or just spray one of the ones in there LOL

1 Like

aaa

I always thought it was a cow pile. They typically look a lot more like the emoji, don’t they?

The question remains… who will your nephew pass it to next?

2 Likes

@SunnyStarbucks … My brother used to work in the deli of a grocery store. One day, he started dating a colleague who worked in the bakery as the store’s cake decorator. For his birthday, she made him a poop-and-toilet-paper cake. He couldn’t bring himself to eat it. I did. It was delicious. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes