North Gulf of Mexico winds again 😣

I was most unhappy when Orlando got three hurricanes in a year, but now I have lost count of the number of storms around the Louisiana coast.
Now apparently one more is in the offing at the farthest reach of prediction :persevere:

8 Likes

It’s been that kind of year. Hope the folks in La and Miss stay safe. :frowning:

3 Likes

That map is incredible! I could see using translucent acrylics and carving the wind lines in, and then somehow edge-lighting the continent…

That being said - yikes, not again! I have friends in the panhandle who are still recovering from the last one :frowning:

9 Likes

Hmmm, I have that color of acrylic. And I have these and that map can go back in time also (you can see the effects of climate change) so something like the key moment of Katrina or such might make a cool show and tell. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I can’t believe it! :grimacing: :roll_eyes: what comes after Zeta! Maybe they just name it OMG! At least it looks like it won’t threaten Houston as much this time but in New Orleans, they will just call it another Wednesday, I was there for Camille and saw the devastation that caused, but I can’t imagine (what is the count? 5? 6?) even not as strong as Camille was, after a while all you are doing is pushing loose bricks about.

2 Likes

7th time in the cone for NOLA this year.

5 Likes

Yikes! it looks like Florida is in the crosshairs this time!

This is the outer reach so a lot of room to turn out differently, but it has been pretty accurate in the past.

The rain in main is either side on the outside, so it may lose power or just head for the Atlantic but this is a bad year for the longest season on record. :persevere:

2 Likes

I hate “la Nina” years…they’re always effed up royally from a weather standpoint. :frowning:

Get your stocking up done early if it heads your way.

1 Like

The general windage suggests it goes into the Atlantic, but it is too early to tell. :anguished:

A few hours on and it has it running up the East Coast Beach. @hansepe and others there take notice :grimacing:

2 Likes

this storm will be interesting for the entire peninsula of Florida.

And today’s projection says… back to you. Maybe. I’m in the cone too.

2 Likes

Yikes!! The cherry on top our 2020 :poop: :cherries::poop:

1 Like

I think the cherry on top was from events yesterday and still to come for the next several weeks.

That is an amazing shift on storm track for Eta from yesterday until today. Not the first time anybody has said that about this storm though. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Agreed, but I was thinking of that and covid as the main scoops though yesterday could be the nuts.

Nullschool still has it headed for the Atlantic

1 Like

Hold my beer and watch this.

2 Likes

Right? I would not feel confident in this storm anywhere along the Gulf coast, or anywhere in the Atlantic including US, Canada, and Europe! :smiley:

What an amazing year.

3 Likes

Now showing it hammering Andros for a day? Morocco for a second storm this year?

1 Like

Looking again it is acting crazy, spinning around in the Gulf crossing its own path several times :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I was just looking again too. TS watch here, but a whole lot closer to you. Stay dry!

2 Likes

Even more weird. Comes up and threatens for over 24 hours in the same place as a full hurricane and then runs off to north of Yucatan? While I have known about this site I have not seen such huge day to day changes,

1 Like