North Gulf of Mexico winds again šŸ˜£

I love the graphics on that site! Itā€™s one of the ones I look at even in good weather just becauseā€¦

Iā€™m pretty sure Eta is drunk. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It also is an amazing time machine, Set it at the same date year on year going back as far as it goes and you can see climate change!

Hmm, it does not go back as far as it used to . but here is Hurricane Michael

WindAlert app is pretty neat to look at as well.

2 Likes

The latest now looks like it wants to come visit @Jules?!? But who knows it might make a beeline for Florida again :crazy_face:

1 Like

With my mood this last couple of weeks, it appears to be considering whether hooking back around and heading your way might not be the safer course. :rofl:

1 Like

That is the craziest spaghetti model I think I have seen! It actually looks like tossing spaghetti against the wall, Grabbed from a day earlier it would have been crazier.

It appears that the timing of two cold fronts will be critical to the path it eventually takes and where the storm is when it interacts with them, hence the scattering of the spaghetti. I am thinking that some Voodoo master got mad at New Orleans and put a Hurricane magnet there.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what usually saves Texas in the later part of hurricane season; we end up getting weekly fronts that steer things eastward.

Or, they can royally screw things - like Hurricane Ike, where the vast majority of the rain (feet) was a result of a cold front hitting with perfect timing.

Or, the fronts stall out in the Gulf, spin up, and turn back around :joy:

2 Likes

I figured out how to zoom in (double-click), but how do you zoom back out?

1 Like

Two-finger swipe (I use a MacBook) works in both directions, which is supposed to be like mouse scroll wheelā€¦

1 Like

Ahhhh, I was trying to pinch-zoom. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That works on a phone/tablet, probably also a touch-screenā€¦

1 Like

Usually works on websites, too. On my MBP.

Well, will you look at that!

2 Likes

Iā€™m on a PC. I usually just zoom using the middle mouse roller.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.