Not a big deal

I know this is nowhere near as elaborate as many of you have done. But, I’m pretty proud of this. Looks so much better in person than it does on camera. This thing is kind of addicting! I guess there are worse addictions in the world right?

54 Likes

I like it too. :blush:

4 Likes

I love edge lit acrylic!

4 Likes

This is a great design (even though I am a Challenger girl myself :wink:)

3 Likes

I wanted to originally cut the top along the top lines of the car. But, I couldn’t figure that part out. Still learning.

3 Likes

You did a great job!!

2 Likes

Looks great, I’ve been wanting a Camaro for ever but the money always stops me lol.

4 Likes

Looks great! If you don’t mind, where did you get the actual device from? (the base and acrylic I assume). I would like to try that myself.

1 Like

Amazon. Four of them for $29.99.

4 Set 3D Led Night Light Lamp Base, Includes 4 LED Base, 4 Remote Control, 4 Blank Acrylic(0.16") and 4 Charger Cable, Adjustable 7 Colors Lights Base Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y6BPFFY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_YWWTZ6ZRSXP2SB9AZE12?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

Thank you!

A little off the topic I made here, but does anyone know if a QR code will work if it is edge lit like this? Or does a QR code have to be black and white?

Very cool, I love the simplicity of the design.

I’m betting an edge lit QR would work fine.

Elaborate or not, it’s looks great and is a nice accomplishment! And yes, it’s a nice, healthy addiction, even if the cost of material has made it an expensive habit. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Simple is quite a bit harder than elaborate, The slightest mistake sticks out a lot more in simple. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nice to see you up and running with your new Glowforge. Edge lit signs are kind of a rite of passage, and yours turned out great! It’s just so satisfying to get that edge lit glow.

3 Likes

Thank you! It is really cool to look at. It’s like the image is just floating there. One thing I have notice though is that even the tiniest scratch shows up. Maybe it’s the cheap acrylic or maybe it’s just the nature of the beast.

1 Like

It looks great!

1 Like

Sometimes you can polish out those scratches, with either Nova acrylic polish or you could even try toothpaste.

3 Likes

Looks pretty damn good to me!

1 Like

Nice job!

2 Likes